Monday, October 19, 2009

Feedback

His 2nd to last day we took him out to lunch.

While we were looking over the menus, he turns to Charles and asks, "Do you hit on waiters a lot?"
Charles decides to have fun with it and says, "Yeah, I hit them when
they get my order wrong."

Intern: "No, no. Hit on."

Me: He has quite a temper when they get an order wrong."

Intern: "No, no. Hit ON, you know, ask on date?"

Charles: " No, I'm married."

Intern: "Well what about before?"

WOW this kid doesn't let up when he thinks he's onto a good conversation topic.


I basically spent the entire lunch avoiding eye contact with Charles because I was afraid I would not be able to stop laughing.

Later on, the intern asked if we had any feedback for him on what he could improve. I said, "yes, everything" and then started laughing so he would think I was joking, and then quickly changed the subject.


I know what you are thinking. Is it wrong of me NOT to tell him that he sucks? Maybe, but why do I have to be the bad guy here? He already thinks that I'm the "demanding one," and do I really want to be the one he shoots first or mails the anthrax to?

I'm telling you, I don't think this kid would be all that stable in a stressful situation. The fact that he was leaving the internship quietly was a good sign and I wasn't about to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment