Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The grand finale

On his last day, he typed up letters for each of us. This was too awesome to not post here in its entirety. Click on the image below if the font is too small to read here.


The nickname! His first day here he told us to call him by his American first name. We said we would be happy to call him by his actual name. He said, no, no, the American name is fine.

Yet every email, phone call or voice mail from him during the entire internship was always, "hello, this is your intern, [asian name], [american name] [last name]." And if it was written, he always put the American name in quotes or parentheses.

I love how he is telling me what he did during his internship in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. I know what I assigned to you! Not only that, but he made the assignments sound much bigger than the mundane, simple tasks that I semi-trusted him to complete.

haha I am "demanding" - Apparently I'm the demanding one because I'm the only one that told him (multiple times) that his work needed to be fixed. The others just stopped giving him work.

No comments:

Post a Comment