Monday, November 30, 2009

In Thanksgiving


Just when I thought the blog was dead for good... he sent us Thanksgiving cards!

The copy inside was crackheaded, as you have come to expect:
Dear MyFirstName MyLastName (he spelled my last name wrong),

In thanksgiving, I always write to the people who I've known for several months to wish them a happy thanksgiving. Hope you have a happy thanksgiving.

Does that mean he doesn't write to the people he's known for longer or shorter than several months??

Charles got a card as well. His card contained the happy thanksgiving message as well, but also an apology for bothering him by calling the other day.

Side story: the reason he called Charles before was to say, "I've applied for jobs at these companies, so can you call them all to tell them they should hire me?"

Charles had to explain that's not how it works, that if the company is interested and wants to call a reference, then they would call him. I really do hope that one of those companies does call, because I would love to see Charles dance around that one.

Anyway, back to the lovely cards. He also spelled my last name wrong on the envelope. The company name was spelled wrong on both envelopes, and was missing a city and state. The worst part? He STILL has not figured out how to address an envelope! I think it was one of my first posts on here, but I had to make him redo a mailing because he printed all the addresses on the bottom right.


I can only imagine what our mailroom thought when they received those letters. "Oh how nice, they must do volunteer work with retarded children and this is a letter from one of them. "

No comments:

Post a Comment