Monday, August 17, 2009

ah, monday

Good start to the week:

Intern comes in pretty much every day saying that he is tired. So I wasn't surprised when he said that just now. He said he was in bed most of Saturday with a headache. I said, "Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sick again?"

THEN he says, "Yeah, and yesterday I had diarrhea."

Seriously?? Did he just say that? I told him next time he can keep that level of detail to himself.

He gave a sheepish apology and then started rambling on about something, while I logged into this blog. He is still talking now as I'm typing...

Which brings me to another topic... Why doesn't he ever understand when it's time to walk away? I've seen him hover around other people's doorways and cubes too.

If it was a cultural thing I'd cut him some slack since he lived in South Korea from ~age 7-18. But I don't think his awkwardness is a cultural thing. I bet he would be considered awkward anywhere on this planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment