Thursday, August 6, 2009

More awkwardness

I think he says things just to say them. I bet he hears other people say things then tries to work them into his conversations, even if they make no sense in the context. Case in point:

Yesterday he said he was stressed...

Intern: I need to find a job.

Me: Aren't you a junior? Why don't you worry about school now and worry about the job search when you are actually hire-able?

Intern: *incoherent mumble* *stammer* ...I'd like to make $40,000 to start.

Me (internal dialogue): At this point, I wouldn't even hire you to take orders or even make the food at McDonald's. JACKASS!

Me (out loud): Perhaps your focus should be on what you want to do and THEN when someone actually wants to hire you, you can think about compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment